Back To Home Page.
Log This® version 2.0 help files can be downloaded by clicking here.
You can also view the help files (in HTML format) by clicking here.Update!
version 18.104.22.168 Log This® can now control DV and HDV
camcorders and decks via IEEE-1394 firewire connection!
(1.9 meg .zip file updated March 27, 2005)
Please Note: We have changed program so that there is now only one version. It works with all Windows 32 bit operating systems from 98SE and newer. (It is no longer fully compatible with Windows 95 or 98) See the changes below for more information. Updated help files will be out soon.
- Download the above file by clicking on it and then choosing "save to disk." from the pop-up window. (If you installed your program in the default directory, you can save this file to C:\Program Files\Ebside Productions\Log This 2_0. Otherwise save it to the directory where you installed the program.)
- This file is a compressed .zip file and you will need an "unzipping" program. We have posted it this way because many people have had problems downloading our normal self extracting files since their firewall programs prevent them from doing so. If you don't have an unzipping program or have any problems extracting the update, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure that Log This is not currently running. (Exit the program if it is.)
- Once you have downloaded the file, use My computer or Windows explorer to get to the directory folder where you saved the file, then double click it. Depending upon what software you are using, it will probably ask you where you want to extract the file to. Choose the same directory where you installed the software. (This should be the same as the "current" directory.)
- You should also be asked if you want to overwrite the current file named LogThis32bit.exe. Click "Yes" or "Ok" depending upon your program.
You have now installed the patch and are ready to begin logging again.
Note: After you run the new version, be sure to save your settings as you exit the program. Choose the default.ini file and overwrite it. This will update your default settings and save all the current parameters.
- Fixed issue with moving hidden columns that caused columns data to be misaligned.
- Fixed time of day display to 24 hour format.
- Updated default image that displays in the image window. Can now be customized by saving your own image as "DefaultImage.bmp" in the same folder as LogThis32bit.exe (Typically C:\Program Files\Ebside Productions\LogThis 2_2)
*Note: must be a bitmap image.
- Fixed buttons so they are now the same in 16 bit and 32 bit screen depth
- Fixed problem with up and down arrows copying information from previous cells.
- Fixed issue with cutting and pasting TC cells using the mouse. (TC numbers went back to previous data when any other cell was clicked after pasting.)
- Fixed the keyboard control for ranking a clip. (Was reversed.)
- Added date and time reading from DV tapes. (Appears in the lower left corner of the DV window)
- Fixed DV control to better work with HDV and added Windows XP compatible frame grabbing. (Note you must have DirectX 9.x for HDV to work properly. Also be sure that you have set the Com Ports and JL Cooper settings to Port 0 or DV deck control may not work.)
- Added keyboard control for DV window. Now uses the same keys as those set for the RS-422 control. (See Advanced Settings menu to modify.)
- Fixed the keyboard control for ranking a clip. (Was reversed.)
- Changed default file extension for Final Cut Pro from .fcp to .txt.
- Fixed one other error in the search multiple logs function that would not correctly search files unless the "Include Directory in Search Results" checkbox was ticked.
- Fixed a formatting error in the search multiple logs function that caused a mismatch between files with columns in different orders.
- Updated the file format. This is the biggest change. The standard file extension is now .nltf. We have included a separate program with this update that will convert any files you currently have to this new format on an as needed basis or in a batch mode. We will be sending out more instructions on this to all current customers very soon. In the mean time, you can open your files by selecting Log Files from the file type box in the open file dialog window. Several boxes will guide you through the conversion process then you will be all set to go.
- Added option of printing using settings in the printdefault.ini file without having to pre-load from the settings dialog.
- Added Digital Video control and frame grabbing from any Windows WDM compliant device or firewire card. (IEEE-1394) You will need to have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed for this to work properly.
- Fixed the problem of active cells being erased when auto save or auto backup was activated.
- Integrated the quick button tool bar into the upper portion of the main screen.
- Fixed the error that occurred when files containing carriage returns in any of the fields were loaded.
- Added Linefeed character to the end of each line in the log file so that it will now display individual lines correctly when opened in a word processing program.
- Added error trapping to deal with carriage returns in export files for all EDLs and batch digitize files. (Replaced the return characters with ®.)
- Integrated file select as a drag-n-drop feature in the search multiple files process. This overcomes the problem of selecting large numbers of files at one time.
- Fixed multiple file search error that intermittently occurred when no matches were found within the logs searched.
- Updated log grid non-continuous row selection to better deal with row deletion when selecting multiple lines in the log that are all together.
- Added TC type to the default items saved and reloaded at startup.
- Fixed the autocopy columns issue when a new file was opened. (Was only copying a few columns that were tagged to autocopy.)
- Added print page breaks to multipage format HTML files. (Works in IE 5.5+ and Netscape 7)
- Fixed default row height in column editor so that it stays within the limits defined by min and max row height.
- Fixed export file save so that the correct file extension is added to the filename if an extension is not entered by the user. (e.g.. If creating a CMX file and "myfile" is entered, file will be saved as "myfile.edl")
- Fixed the issue with hidden columns and adding and deleting rows in the columns editor window.
- Version 22.214.171.124 had a fatal error and was scrapped. (Just in case you were wondering.)
Versions 126.96.36.199 & 188.8.131.52
- Fixed the error message that appeared when print preview was selected. **Note: Still need to fix the issue with hidden columns and adding and deleting rows in the columns editor window. Hope to have this fixed by the end of July. (version 184.108.40.206)
- (Ver. 220.127.116.11)-Removed the Mail utilities from the program. This was one feature that no one we talked to had ever used and was basically just taking up space. It also was the only reason that we needed to support a separate version for Windows NT and 2000. Since we removed this one version should now work on all Windows 32bit operating systems.
- Added support for edit* version 6.x import format. (Fixed drop frame semicolon error in version 18.104.22.168)
- Modified the Video Window so that it will stay on top of other windows it might overlap.
- Fixed the problem associated with auto copy when columns were moved. Previously the auto copy column designators were not properly tracking with the columns as they were moved and then saved or re-loaded.
- Added a minimum row height and maximum row height to the column editor settings. This seems to work in most cases but still has a few little quirks mostly when auto row sizing is active. (It's still much better than nothing at all.)
- Help file should be updated soon.
- Fixed the "File | New" issue that caused the header cells in the log grid to be "erased" or overwritten. (Might crash the program.)
- Updated AVID export files to be Version 10.x compliant. (This is still being tweaked but seems to load with much better efficiency.)
- Improved "Edit | Search Multiple Logs" option to better deal with images in the grid. The Video File column now includes the directory where the images came from so that they can be included in the grid and any exports or printouts.
We are now about 99.9% certain that we have eliminated the problem that caused the files to become "corrupt" and not save properly.
- Added ability to recover "corrupt" files that can occur if you are actively typing in the log when an auto save or auto backup event occurs. (The file still may become corrupt, but you can now open the file and fix the line that was causing the problem then re-save.) This error would normally be detected when you tried to re-open a file and received an error message like "Error loading file. "01:00:00:00" is not a valid integer."
- Fixed the file merge procedure so that it will now correctly merge files with columns in different orders and/or different numbers of columns.
- Fixed a problem with AVID export files when the description column was not included.
- Fixed the problem with the "Find all" button crashing the program after the Warning box was cleared.
- Left mouse click on individual items within the log grid will now position the cursor "caret" exactly where you click. (Previously had to click slowly twice to achieve this response.)
- Improved overall resource usage by about 5%. (Currently running at 65% free in system and user resources on our computer.)
Back To Home Page.
This page updated 07/13/2005.